Friday, December 7, 2012

November 3, 2012

Wow! It has been a long time since I have posted anything here. I am getting started again with keeping a journal as I am trying to take back the control of my life, eating habits and exercise. Keep your eyes open, as I am including links to different sites in my posts to help educate myself, as well as others.

So, it all start a couple weeks ago, my brother Scott and his family came to visit on their way home from a vacation in Southern Utah. We were out in the yard playing around, and I noticed that I got really winded after just a few minutes of chasing his kids around. With my own daughter getting ready to start walking, and soon running around, I knew that I needed to do something about it.

I had a doctor's appointment to get a refill on my Metformin (got diagnosed with Type II diabetes in January, 2012), so I planned to talk with Dr. Steve Berry about some options. I also took a look at place called Elevate Fitness that a friend of mine owns. I saw some things on his site that really caught my eye and intrigued me enough to call Rich and see if I could meet with him before or after my doctor's appointment. After meeting with Rich, that next week, I ran over to meet with Steve. He was concerned about my weight, said that my heart, and lungs sounded good, but he couldn't promise that in my current condition, that it would last long. We took some blood tests, and got the results back about a week later. The tests showed that my A1c number had gone back up after they had improved in the first 5-6 months. Some other results weren't that great either, but after discussing it with Steve, we felt they could all be reversed.

Luckily I had already started working out at Elevate Fitness, and participating in a weight loss program called the WIO Diet. When I weighed in at the Doctor's when coming back for the test results, I had already lost nearly 7 lbs. in less than a week!

At this time, I am not going to be posting many results in the way of weight loss and inches lost, as I want it to be a surprise to my family when I go home for Christmas. But, I will say that in the first week I lost 15 lbs. and lost 15.5 total inches. After I go home for Christmas, I will start to post my results that I receive when I go in for my measurements on a weekly basis. Periodically, I will also post things about the actual diet and how I am doing/feeling throughout the process. The WIO protocol has three different phases, and the first phase is going to be 126 days. Right now, I am not sure if I started the diet at the right time, as Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to fall within that time frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment