Wednesday, April 20, 2011

1st Week

So, this week has been incredibly crazy! It has been a whole week since I first started this journal of my workouts, but I haven't had a chance to update. Thanks to the two that got on me about not posting anything, I really appreciate it!

Over the past week, I have done 5 runs, completing my 5th today, or yesterday...April and I had purchased a treadmill back in December. We decided that it would be worth it, considering we were paying just as much for the two of us to have gym memberships and all we really ever did was run on the treadmill. So the treadmill is a Nordic Track, I love it! We also purchased the iFit. It is great! We can log into the iFit web page and design our own courses based off of Google Maps, download workouts from Jillian Michaels of the Biggest Loser, etc...

Now that I am done with that side note, I will get to what I was trying to get to. The treadmill has a few types of workouts, speed drills, elevation, calorie burns, etc...The workouts I have been doing have been for 30 minute increments, however, most of the days I did the workout twice. It ranges from a 1-5% incline and from 3.5 mph to 4mph. I am just about to the point where I can just tell it I want to run the whole thing at 4mph, other than the warm-up and cool down.

I am going to be out part of this week, so it will be tough to do my normal workouts on a treadmill if I don't have access to one, so I may be running on the road for a couple of days. It will be a real test for me to make sure I am doing my workouts while being out of town.

This week, I will be bumping up the speed to 4mph to 5mph and the incline will pretty much stay the same. I am also planning on including some speed drills, hoping to have it help me increase the speed over the next couple of weeks to around 6mph.

3 comments:

  1. Good job Kevin! Keep up the posts:) And Happy Birthday. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. Where's your next post? I'm waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. where's the next post????

    ReplyDelete