Monday, December 10, 2012

December 6, 2012


Today was a group workout day at Elevate. I was supposed to do the VO2 Max test to figure out what my heart rate zones should be while I work out, but it didn't happen. That was ok though, as it was good to workout with the rest of the group and get a good hard workout in.

I think that Rich really likes to work on the legs, because for the second time this week, we were working the legs a ton.We do a lot of core work as well, which is desperately needed, as I usually cramp up half way through the core workout. Better than when I first started though, nearly a month ago I would last about 20 seconds and then cramp up so bad that I could hardly breathe.

Looks like the VO2 test will be on Tuesday afternoon during lunch. Not sure that it is going to be the way that I want to spend my lunch break, but it will be worth it in the end. If you don't know what the VO2 Max test is, it is a test that measures the aerobic power in a person. They basically hook you up to an oxygen and carbon dioxide analyzer, and you perform an exercise such as running on the treadmill, cycling, etc...While you are doing the exercise, you go from a moderate to a maximum intensity. The analyzers measures the oxygen consumption, and gives you the measurement of maximum heart rate by recording the heart rate during the test. There is a really great article that was written by a guy named Pete Williams back in 2009. To read the article Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment