Saturday, December 8, 2012

Thanksgiving in Farr West, Utah

November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving was, let's say, different. Normally on Thanksgiving I am gorging myself on all the fixins'. The turkey is always great, but I love piling those potatoes and gravy right on top of the turkey. And let's not forget the rolls, oh the rolls! Well, this year, there was turkey, broccoli, deviled eggs and pickles. The people that started the WIO came out with rolls that are low carb, but I forgot to bring them to the place we were having Thanksgiving dinner, so bummer for me. They also came out with a pumpkin pie! Each slice only had 52 calories and it was amazing! I could barely tell the difference between the stuff I normally have and what they came out with.

One of the other things about Thanksgiving that was tough, was the family eating all of the time and at times where I was not able to eat. I am glad to report that I stuck to my guns and didn't break. But I do think that we should all take a look at Thanksgiving and remember it is about time with family not all about food. Even if the food is amazing!

One great thing this year though, was that I didn't feel like I was going to burst because I ate too much. I am looking forward to next Thanksgiving when I will be able to eat the foods that I want, but with better portion control.

No comments:

Post a Comment