Friday, December 7, 2012

1st Week on WIO

October 29th - November 5th, 2012

Here we are at the first week mark of the WIO diet. I am glad that it is over! I have been told that the first week is the hardest week, then it starts to get better. Essentially, I have a meal replacement shake for breakfast, another for lunch along with a salad, then for dinner I have another salad with 5 oz. of beef, pork or chicken or 7 oz. of seafood, then end the day with another shake. I can't have any bread or other things that I enjoy. I just have to keep reminding myself of my reason why I am doing this. I was given a sheet with all of the items that I can eat, and it doesn't include much other than veggies and what meats are good. I am also supposed to drink 1/2 of my weight in ounces in water, that is almost 150 ounces a day. That was incredibly tough the first couple of days, but has been a bit easier in the last few days.

Surprisingly, I have been in a good mood, which is much different than the HCG diet that I had done last year. I have absolutely no energy, as the diet is rebooting my pancreas, liver and digestion and putting my body into a state called Ketosis. As you are reading this, you are probably thinking that I am crazy, but there have been over 600 clinical studies on the most important health issues that we face as Americans today. Those include: being overweight, high blood pressure, elevated cholesterol, high glucose levels or diabetes, and fatty liver disease. I have all of them but the high blood pressure, and so it was worth trying out, and if in a month things haven't panned out, then I will figure something else out.

Well, that's it for now.

5 comments: