Wednesday, January 2, 2013

December 31, 2012

Well, this is was the last workout of the year. I was actually supposed to do this workout on Saturday the 29th, but ended up playing basketball that day and could never get the energy to do it later that evening.

For the workout, I was supposed to walk for .5 miles, run 1 mile and then repeat, keeping my heart rate below 173 bpm. Still being in Bremerton, I had wanted to go and do the bridges, a fun, yet challenging run. If you start down at Evergreen Park and end there as well, it is just about the 3 miles that I would need for this workout.

The conditions were ok, a little chilly and it was late afternoon. The run kind of turned into a family affair. I had my Dad, my brother Mike and 5 of his 6 sons with us. I was really impressed that all of his boys finished and kept up the whole time. I think that they are natural runners, just like their dad.

The course has quite a few hills and one of them lasts for about a mile and it isn't gradual. It really slowed my average mile time down, but ended up averaging 12:17/mile. I ended up completing the run in just over 36 minutes. I wish that I could do it again, this time without the walking legs in the workout, as I feel like I would be able to improve upon the average mile time, and the overall time. I guess that will have to wait until the next time we go up to Washington for a visit.

This workout will be my last of the year, and I won't have another run until I get back to Utah, so I am hoping everyone has a Happy New Year and that I will see you back reading the blog in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment