Wednesday, January 2, 2013

December 28, 2012

Had a great run today. It wasn't long, just something short and simple to get the legs going. The run was just over 2 miles. The run started out with just a slight incline that went over a mile, down a hill for about 300 yards then the second mile had some rolling hills. I was glad to see that my average mile time came down about 12 seconds. I always like to see the improvement, as it helps keep me motivated.

The conditions were really great for the run. It was a little cloudy, but the sun was out, still a little on the chilly side, but overall it was a great day for a run. I went by myself as I couldn't get a hold of my brother to go with me. I had done really well at keeping myself motivated to run the whole way, but ended up having to walk twice due to my heart rate getting too high (trying to keep my heart rate below 173 bpm).

I am definitely feeling like I am getting in better shape and can't wait to keep moving along in the training for the Half Ironman in St. George this May.

No comments:

Post a Comment