Sunday, January 6, 2013

10th Week on WIO

December 31, 2012 - January 7, 2013

What a week! Vacation is over, and getting back to somewhat of the normal schedule. I have been a little nervous going into the gym to weigh in, as I wasn't sure how things really went over the holidays. It has now been just over two months since I started the WiO diet. Since I am able to go to the gym next week, I knew that I needed to get into Elevate to see where I was at, so Rich and I had a workout, then I weighed in and got measured. It wasn't how I expected, however, I lost 9 pounds since the last time I had weighed in. That is an average of 3 pounds per week! I was stoked, even though I wanted to see more. Isn't it interesting how much higher we hold ourselves when it comes to things like this?

I just want to say to those that are doing the WiO protocol or any other diet, don't be so hard on yourself! I have found that it is much easier to have someone that you work with on your weight loss, even if you are self-conscience. The person you choose will be there to encourage you when you are doing great, and when you are having a hard time.

At the beginning of this process, I had mentioned that I wasn't going to mention any stats about my weight loss because I wanted my family to see me at Christmas before I said anything. So, now that we have gotten past the holidays, here you go:


It is crazy to think that it has been 10 weeks and I have already lost 54 pounds. I am incredibly grateful to my wife for supporting me through this, as well as those at Elevate Fitness. One last thing that I want to mention, is that normally when people go on diets and they lose weight, sometimes it is mostly water weight. When I weigh in at Elevate, the scale I use shows things like the body fat, water weight, bone density and a few others. I am proud to say that I have actually gained water weight through this whole process. 

Now, below is a photo comparison of a face shot from the start of this journey, it has been fun to see the transition. 



No comments:

Post a Comment