Wednesday, January 2, 2013

December 26, 2012

Had a great workout with my Dad the day after Christmas. We went out to Silverdale and walked a trail that was pretty flat, but tried to keep up a decent pace. The conditions were kind of nasty, as it was really chilly that day and it was raining off and on. I ended up getting sick that night and had some chills and a fever. It wasn't a very pleasant feeling, but thank goodness for hot showers and fireplaces that kept me warm and got me feeling better pretty quick.

We walked for just over 2 miles and I tried to keep the pace up, but had to slow down every now and again for my Dad. It was good to be able to visit with him along the way and have some good conversations though. I would say that it ended up being a nice recovery workout to my run from a couple of days before.

If you are ever up and around the Kitsap County area and want a good place to go out for a walk, try the Clear Creek Trail just North of the Kitsap Mall area.

No comments:

Post a Comment